Wednesday 17 October 2012

Fleur De Lys Theme - Mid Week Motivation

Hello everyone, it's Fliss here today with a bit of motivation for the Fleur De Lys challenge in case you're stuck for inspiration, although I have to say if you pop back for a look at the Design team creations you'll find plenty there too!

Hope you like my card which features some dry embossing with the Cuttlebug fleur de lys folder but I've given it a little makeover as you'll see.


I started off with a torn piece of vintage music score - it's well worth checking out charity shops for things like this as I got the entire score of The Mikado for £2.50! I inked it up with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.
I stamped the Stampendous image with Archival coffee ink and added colour to the panel with pencils and inks.
I embossed a panel of card with the fleur de lys folder and then inked it with Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive Distress Inks. I then trimmed it to the shape you see above and then swiped on a little blue ink.

I can't wait to see some more of your gorgeous creations this week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to alter that embossing folder - will have to remember that for future use!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Fliss - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love that folder Fliss - I need to put it on my list. Oh and the paris stamp too! Gorgeous images and colours.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.